Welcome to Valentine Lodge
Valentine Lodge is a luxury romantic holiday property for two. It is situated within the grounds of Blakes Hill and within ten acres of terraced gardens, paddocks and woodland.
Blakes Hill is located a third of a mile from the road between Shorwell and Brighstone at approximately 300 feet above sea level on the slopes of Limerstone Down and is accessed via our private drive. It affords seclusion, tranquillity and some of the finest elevated views to be found on the Isle of Wight.
More features and facilities
- Valentine Lodge has large picture windows to the south with superb views available for all the rooms.
- There is a patio and a private grassed area with seating with views to the south and under cover parking to the rear of the property.
- The sitting/dining room has a log burning stove and relaxing comfortable furniture. A flat screen TV, Freesat a radio and a DVD player are provided.
- The kitchen is furnished to a high standard with a Meile oven, hob, dishwasher and fridge with a freezer box. A microwave and a washer/dryer are also provided.
- The romantic bedroom has a superkingsize bed, antique furniture and an uninterrupted view across the countryside to the sea. CD Player/Radio with MP3 player and IPod docking provided.
- The bathroom has a double ended bath with a hand held shower and French inspired fabrics and accessories.
- Bed linen, bathrobes, towels, a kitchen towel and tea towels are provided.
- The site, nestling in a shallow Coombe, is a haven for wildlife and birds.
- The picturesque village of Brighstone lies a little under a mile to the west and provides all local amenities including a Sub Post Office and two village shops, one of which is also a newsagent. There is also a Pub, a Bistro/Tea Rooms and a hairdresser. There is a Community Library which includes the Brighstone Museum.
- The beach is located a short walk from the village by road or via a footpath.
- There are a myriad of footpaths, bridleways and byways accessible locally including the Tennyson and Worsley Trails. You can access some footpaths directly from Blakes Hill.
- The bus route gives a service to Newport and to the west of the Island. The bus stops are situated on the road at the bottom of our drive.
- Wireless Broadband available.
We welcome Walkers and Cyclists. Short breaks are available out of season.